To make enterprise wide projects succeed requires an enterprise-wide management approach that begins with the seeds of an idea–and only improves based on continuous refinement. Each cycle involves the leadership and customer feedback harvested in the form of maximum organizational impacts to the stake holders.
Once all stages of that lifecycle, data–the ability to manage it–is crucial to success:
- Increments and idea generation requires a way to communicate corporate priorities to all areas of the developer organization and then capture ideas from any employee and vet that idea in a standardized way.
- When these (we help with the organizational or meta data) elements are properly organized into an effective data management initiative, firms can realize significant benefits including lower operating costs, better risk management, and fewer and less costly errors.Effective data management can be a source of significant competitive advantage.
- Data Catalogs to Establish and maintain high-quality data.
- ETL, OLAP and MDM to move from descriptive to predictive analytics.
- Finally we deliver the operational results by – Turning your data management strategy into action.
- Idea enhancement and development requires the ability to identify similarities in those ideas and encourage collaboration between the different individuals and groups that were responsible for those ideas.
- There needs to be an ability to conduct a preliminary screening on those ideas to ensure that only those with the best chance of delivering success make it through to the expensive business casing stage.
- Business casing itself needs to support objective comparison of different ideas to ensure that returns on investment can be analyzed and the right decisions made as to which initiatives to approve.
- Project selection needs to be subjected to modeling and analysis to ensure that the organization has the ability and resources to execute on those initiatives that are selected, and that the risk and quality exposure is acceptable.
- Project execution needs to be monitored to ensure that planned costs and benefits remain on track and that the projects should retain their investments.
- Actual benefits need to be tracked and analyzed to ensure that business case promises are being achieved and that individual benefits owners are being held accountable for their performance.